Tuesday 16 December 2014

RESEARCH: Kilian Schönberger

I researched into Kilian Schönberger because of his landscapes he produces and how I plan to use landscape to represent the mood and tone of the image. Kilian creates eerie landscapes using desaturation and smoke for effect to respond to fairytale landscapes such as Sleeping Beauty and Pied Piper of Hamelin. Schönberger is colour blind, so also looks at how colour is represented within photography and how it can be used to create a mood for the viewer, such as fear and intrigue. 



I have planned to conduct one of my photo shoots at a place called Blue Lagoon, where I shot one of my previous personal fairytale series. However, I plan to go earlier in the morning when there is low fog and mist to create the sense of intrigue that Schönberger has managed to create, rather than using a smoke machine. As a last resort, I will use a smoke machine, to create effect and an eerie atmosphere, much like what is explored within Schönberger's images.

No comments:

Post a Comment